Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2026

 Sunday, February 1, 2026

1913 Joyce Kilmer wrote his poem "Trees" in Mahwah, New Jersey

1933 Hermann Goering banned Communist meetings and demonstrations in Germany

1948 President Harry Truman urged Congress to adopt a civil rights program

1954 President Eisenhower announced the detonation of the world's 1st hydrogen bomb 

1974 Pope Paul VI's encyclical "To Honor Mary"

2021 Joe Biden signed executive orders to reunite immigrant families, setting up a new task force to address around 1000 remaining separated families

2025   President Donald Trump announced 25% tariffs on Canada and Mexico and 10% tariffs on China. Canadian PM Justin Trudeau announces retaliatory tariffs of 25%

In bed around 10, up at 6:10.  9/2/26/8

Meds, etc.  Morning meds at 9 a.m.

Sleepwalking.  I haven't written anything worth reading for at least the last two and a half weeks, or perhaps months or years.  I copy and paste some stuff from past years' entries, or from newspaper articles, or elsewhere, but the last thing that required any thought at all (and not much) was my thoughts after watching Wild Strawberries again on January 14th.  It's looking like my journaling has come to an end, a bit short of 3 and 1/2 years.  I feel like I am sleepwalking through life, not depressed in any clinical sense, but seeing no purpose in being alive.  I've stopped doing the Connections puzzle in each morning's New York Times, after doing 500 puzzles.  I still do the morning mini-crossword, but haven't tried the regular Monday and Tuesday puzzles for quite a while.  I read hardly any of the articles in the morning papers, and this morning I didn't watch any of the Sunday morning talk shows.  I get out of bed each morning, but don't know why, looking forward to nothing, not doing anything, reading anything, or writing anything.  Quo vadis?  Quare?  The last time I wrote anything semi-extensive about what was going on was on January 9th.



























mm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,



































k

l

No comments: