Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2026

7/19/2026

 Sunday, July 19, 2026

1692 5 more people were hanged for witchcraft (19 in all) in Salem, Massachusetts

1848 First US women's rights convention held in Seneca Falls, NY, organized by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Lucretia Mott

1984 Geraldine Ferraro became the 1st US female major-party vice-presidential nominee, officially joining Walter Mondale's Democratic Party ticket

In bed at 10, up at 5:15;  0530111/70/66 117 202.8, 0541 112/57/68;  64/77/64 mostly sunny, Beach hazards warnings, AQI =175 Unhealthy.

Morning meds at 10 a.m.  


Dinner last night with the Lowes at the Goldbergs

Life in a wildlife sanctuary.  While waiting for my coffee water to heat up, I saw out the window over our kitchen sink a passel of wild turkeys, 7 hens and 19 chicks, strutting across our side lawn, from east to west.  They reappeared later in the morning in our backyard.

Out of sorts again today.  Little thinking, no writing.  I started reading George Eliot's  Middlemarch yesterday but gave up today after 50 pages.  The Victorian writing style, the focus on 19th-century social customs among English propertied people and how it affected marriage choices by men and women - I just can't get into it.  The novel is almost 800 pages long and I don't want to force myself to read it.  I'm kicking myself for not getting a library copy of the book to check it out before wasting money on the Kindle version.  Not smart.














m


No comments: