Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

10/6/2026

 Tuesday, October 6, 2026

1951 Joseph Stalin proclaimed the Soviet Union had the atomic bomb

1961 JFK advised Americans to build fallout shelters

1976 President Gerald Ford said there is "no Soviet domination in Eastern Europe" during a debate

1987 Senate Judiciary Committee voted 9-5 to send the nomination of Robert Bork for a seat on the Supreme Court to the full Senate with an unfavorable recommendation

2002 Pope John Paul II canonized Opus Dei founder Josemaría Escrivá as a Catholic saint

2018 Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed and sworn onto the US Supreme Court amid protests

2025  A federal judge temporarily blocked Trump from deploying National Guard troops from California and Texas to Portland, Oregon

In bed at 9:20, up at 5:30; 0545 201.8 124,/74/65 102 ; 52/48/69/52, sunny

Morning meds at 7:15 a.m.  Entresto at 7:15 a.m. and p.m.

I spent much of the morning at the VA, and in getting to and from there.  I had two youngish nurse practitioners surverying my scrotum and perineum, trying to assess whether my frequent itchiness is a years or fungal infection, or something else. When I got home, I joked with Geri that it was an 85year old guy's form of a "threesome."  My normal 20 minute trip there on the freeways took more than 40 minutes this morning because of highway construction on I-43 south and I-94 west.  I arrive just at 8 a.m. and all the parking spots in in surface lot near the entrance were already occupied.  Along with advice about my itch, I received my updated strong-dose flu shot and updated Covid shot, both of which I had hoped to get before Saturday's Honor Flight.  Neither will be fully effective by Saturday, but each may provide me with a little more protection against injection, or protection from the most serious symptoms if I do get infected.   

I seem to be brain-numbed today.  Few thoughts,  no writing.   Some of my favorite art efforts.


CBG and Rachel at the Western Wall

Take-off of Bereniece Abbott's James Joyce proto portrait


Self portrait enhanced by indelible mouse dropping



Vietnamese young woman, from an image found on the internet



From a news photo during the Serbian-Bosnian War


Geri, displeased

Geri, pleased




Painting of an en plein painter, source unremembered


Eyes and brows, from scratch

Vietnamese schoolgirl in Áo dài, from an internet image


Ditto

From of photo of Camille Claudel



Freehand oil prompted by photo of Sinead O'Connor

Section of an oil on plywood, The Annunciation and The Presentation at the Temple,
'and a sword will pierce your own soul, too.'

No comments: